Accommodation and Lodging: For other inexpensive lodging options, seek out places to stay in the nearby gateway town of Mariposa. This historic Gold Rush town offers more lodging and dining options than staying in the park, as well as world-class museums. If you are traveling in a group, staying at a vacation rental or private cabin can also be a fantastic way to cook for yourself, have a private cabin and have an authentic experience at an excellent value!
If roughing it is more your style, campsites that require a six month wait to get into in summer can be easily booked for the off-season and walk-in sites are a better option as well. Just be prepared for chillier nights, especially in starting in November or early December when the first snow falls.
If you are planning your trip for summer, then backpacking in the wilderness is a great option for staying in a “million star hotel” out in the wilderness. It does take planning and some backpacking experience is recommended but for the cost of an inexpensive backpackers permit you can explore some of the most beautiful areas of the park. Or you can have a “glamping” experience at the High Sierra Camps. While not exactly cheap, you can have an incredible outdoor experience that is a good intro into backpacking at the cost of your average hotel room (typically open late June-September).
If you don’t have any equipment? You can rent almost everything you need at the Yosemite Mountaineering School.
Canada is one of the famous travel destinations home of the Niagara falls. A diverse and huge landmass from beautiful beaches in the east and west, magnificent mountains of the Calgary, rainforests of Vancouver and beautiful cosmopolitan cities of Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, pristine Montreal.
Must See: Niagara Falls, Old Quebec, Notre-Dame Basilica, Notre-Dame Basilica, Moraine Lake
Must Eat: Smoked Meat, Pâté Chinois a pie, Pierogies are parcels filled with meat, Potatoes or Cheese, Peameal Bacon sandwich.
Best time to visit: July to October.
The Philippines a surreal travel destination boasts for some of the most beautiful beaches in Asia, spectacular rice terraces, sun shining bright throughout the year and has about 7000 islands to hop, so you can find yours. There is a lot to do in the Philippines along with scuba diving, snorkeling like wandering mystic tribal villages, the rice terraces, jungles, relishing sumptuous food, strolling rustic colonial towns.
Must See: Boracay Island, Banue Rice Terraces, Palawan, The Chocolate Hills, Malapascua Island.
Must Eat: Chicken Adobo, Bibingka, Pancit, Balut, Kare-Kare
Best time to visit: November to April
Japan is one of the most amazing and travel-friendly countries, epitome for ancient heritage and modernity. This island nation is packed with stunning landscapes, beautiful palaces, castles and stunning sky scrappers. The nation equally bedazzles every traveler with the peaceful, serenity and ancient architectural marvels of Kyoto and the bustling urban city of Tokyo and nightlife of boisterous Osaka.
Must See: Kyoto, Mount Fuji, The Island Shrine of Itsukushima, Miyajima, Tokyo Disney Sea
Must Eat: Sushi, Tempura, Ramen, Okonomiyaki, Udon
Best time to visit: March to May and September to November
Portugal is one of the hidden travel treasures of Europe. Enamored with the scenic landscapes, breathtaking beaches along Costa Vicentina, picturesque beauty in the Serra da Estrela. The countryside has a startling beauty with historic and pristine villages. Portugal has more than 80 Km of coastline with magnificent end-of-the-world cliffs, beautiful islands, sandy beaches and blue waters.
Must See: Quinta da Regaleira, Lisbon Oceanarium, Ponte de Dom Luis I, Caldeira das Sete Cidades.
Must Eat: Pastel de belem, Acorda, Arroz de cabidela, Sapateira Recheada, Caracois.
Best Time to Visit: March to May or September to October.
India is a beautiful, diverse, colorful and cultural country which is every traveler's delight. It has the age old inherited ethnic, cultural diversity and as well in the bewildering landscapes from tall mighty Himalayas in the north, deserts in the west and beautiful lush green western ghats.
Must See: Taj Mahal, Rajasthan, The Ganges, The Golden Temple, Ladakh.
Must Eat: Pani puri, Masala dosa, Pav Bhaji, Biryani, and Tandoori, Idli sambar
Best time to Visit: October to March.
New Zealand an island country is called adventure capital of the world, a must on every adventurers and travelers bucket list with activities from skydiving, bungy jumping, hiking, caving, and skiing. It also offers beautiful and pristine landscapes with captivating, peaks, thick forests with 14 National parks, world-class vineyards.
Must See: Milford Sound, Bay of Islands
Must Eat: Roast Lamb, Seafood, Fergburger, Mussels, Hokey pokey
Best time to visit: February to August and October
Cambodia recently gaining popularity among travelers this small and beautiful land has its own unique cultural identity and one of the most famous an ancient UNESCO heritage sites at Angkor Wat and beautiful white sand beachscapes, ancient temples, lush green jungles.
Must See: Siem Reap and temples of Angkor, Phnom Penh Royal Palace, Tonlé Sap Lake, Bamboo Island, Sihanoukville.
Must Eat: Fish amok, Khmer red curry, Nom Banh Chok, Samlor Machu Trey, Lort Cha.
Best time to visit: November to March.
Kenya is amongst the most favored destinations for the African safaris for the famous Masai Mara. The safari is famous for the big games Elephants, Rhinos, and Lions. Kenya is on the west coast of the African continent with encompasses savannah, Lakelands, the dramatic Great Rift Valley and mountain highlands. The Kenyan Safaris start from the Kenyan capital Nairobi safaris visit the Maasai Mara Reserve, known for its annual wildebeest migrations, and Amboseli National Park, offering views of Tanzania's Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
Must see: Masai Mara, David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Amboseli National Park, Mount Kenya, Diani Beach.
Best time to visit: June to October.
Switzerland is a travel addiction, the most beautiful and popular travel destinations. It is often skipped being the costliest European travel country. Switzerland has that hallucinatory landscapes, breathtaking mountains and picturesque, famous peaks, beautiful lakes. Switzerland has a rich contemporary culture with perfect rural beauty and vibrant cities. Switzerland Alpine adventure has a lot of adventure activities in winter like skiing, snowboarding, snowshoe trekking.
Must See: The Matterhorn, Mount Pilatus, Gornergrat Bahn, Lake Geneva, Lake Luzern.
Must Eat: Rösti, Swiss Fondue, Raclette, Älplermagronen, Swiss chocolate.
Best Time to Visit: June to September is the peak, December to March for Winter activities.
Nepal locked between China, India, and Tibet is rich cultural, diverse land mass with snow capped Himalayas, grasslands, subtropical forests. It has scenic landscapes and stunning architectural marvels, colorful and exotic cities. There is a lot for solo and group travelers Nepal has to offer from wildlife to hiking in the Himalayas and extreme river rafting.
Must See: Garden of Dreams, Pokhara, Chitwan National Park, Shrines, Marvel at Bodhnath.
Must Eat: Ema Datshi, Jasha maru, Momos, Red Panda Beer
Best time to visit: September to November
Italy a unique unrivaled travel destination is breathtaking beauty, soul-stirring art and sumptuous food. The vibrant cities famous heritage sites, art, famous museums, great nightlife, restaurants Rome, Florence, and Milan the top travel cities await. Italy is blessed with the natural diversity, the most stunning landscapes, glittering waters of the oceans, sprawling vineyards, and the awe-inspiring beauty of the landscapes of Tuscany.
Must See: Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica, Patheon, Grand canal of Venice, Tuscany.
Must Eat: Pizza Margherita, Pasta, Lasagne, Ribollita, Gilato.
Best Time to Visit: April to June, August to October. August is the best.
Peru is one of the most famous North American tourist destinations. Travelers visit Peru for the famous Inca Trail and see the famous Machu Picchu heritage site. Peru offers a lot of adventure, heritage, natural scenery of the Amazon forests and the beaches. There are a lot of exciting activities to undertake in Peru like trekking trails of ancient heritage sites and whitewater rafting, paragliding, hurtling through the desert on dune-buggy rides.
Must See: Machu Picchu, Centro Historico De Cusco, Sacsayhuaman, Parque de la Reserva, Plaza de Armas.
Must Eat: Ceviche, Cuy, Causa, Lomo Saltado, Aji De Gallina.
Best time to visit: May to September.
1) Bora Bora, French Polynesia: Described as the most beautiful Islands in the world with sugar white sand, turquoise blue, crystal clear lagoon water, and the beautiful palm trees. The water here is shallow and warm, with beautiful exotic fish, turtles, and corals, making it a perfect destination for snorkeling. You can also enjoy multiple water activities jet ski, aqua bike rides and go on fishing trips.
The best time to visit Bora Bora is throughout the year with temperatures ranging from 79 F (26 C) in the winter to 84 F (29 C) in the summer.
2) Turks and Caicos: Located southeast of the Bahamas and North of Hispaniola, is the most beautiful Islands in the Caribbean and one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The beach is clean clear with turquoise water and white sand, this also the third largest coral system in the world. The island is famous for snorkeling, activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and humpback whale watch.
The best time to visit Turks and Caicos is any time of the year as the climate is dry and sunny tropical climate with temperatures averaging in the 75 F (23 C) in the winter and 85 F (29 C) in the summer.
3) Maui, Hawaii: Maui Island is known as the “valley Isle” is part of the Hawaii Archipelago, situated in the Central Pacific. It and is a volcanic island with beautiful mountains, waterfalls with beautiful pristine over 30 mile stretch of beaches for a number of water activities and watching humpback whales. One can also enjoy a drive on the road to Hana, which has more than 600 curves and 54 bridges.
The best time to visit Maui is April through May and September through November, the temperatures are as high as 85 F (30 C) and low of 65 F (18 C).
4) Palawan, Philippines: The most beautiful Island in Asia is one of the best in the world, it is the largest Island in the Philippines. The Island is an archipelago of 1,780 Islands, with breathtaking beaches with crystal clear emerald green water and white sand beaches, limestone cliffs, rich and beautiful corals, stunning landscapes, rich biodiversity in the flora and fauna. Activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, trekking/hiking, water biking and kayaking are the activities that can be done at Palawan.
The best time to visit Palawan is October to May The average temperature is 88 F (31 C).
5) Santorini, Greece: Santorini or Thira located in the Cyclades Island in the Aegean Sea is the most beautiful Island in Europe and one of the top Island in the world. The Island is famous for dramatic postcard landscapes of villages and towns with beautiful architecture of whitewashed houses and villas. The top draw activities in the Island touring to the volcano, jet skiing, parasailing, scuba diving to the shipwreck.
The best time to visit Santorini is April, May, October, and early November when the weather is warm, temperatures averaging 54 F (12 C) in Jan the coldest month and79 F (26 C) in July the hottest month in the summer.
6) St. Martin - St. Maarten: St. Marteen is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands southern part of a Caribbean island. This unique Island has two sides a unique French side with a continental flair with luxurious fashionable shopping, warm ambiance and the Dutch side with casinos and bars. The activities to do are diving, snorkeling, sailing, paddle boarding or kite surfing and windsurfing. Apart from water activities strolling at the boardwalk, vibrant nightlife with casinos, discos, and bars.
The best time to visit St. Martin is May and June and between November to mid-December. The winter temperature is as low as 68 F (20 C) and high of 89 F (31 C).
7) Bali, Indonesia: One of the most beautiful tropical Islands in the world with white breathtaking beaches, spectacular rice terraces, volcanic mountains, numerous beautiful temples. The top activities at the island are temple tours trekking to the volcano, exploring the rice terraces, endless water activities like surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, water jetpacks, sea walking and kite surfing.
Best time to visit Bali is any time of the year with peak time from May to September with average temperature of 82 F (28 C) low of 73 F (23 C) and the high of 86 F (30 C).
8) Majorca, Balearic Islands: Majorca or Mallorca one of the most beautiful and underrated Islands and largest Balearics Island of Spain. Experience the great Mediterranean charm with pleasant weather, the Island has laid back villages with beautiful vineyards, and you can hike to the Colosal Canyons and Quiet Coves, thrilling activities like mountain biking and cycling. Climbing the cliffs,
The best time to visit Majorca is April to September, You can have great holidays at Majorca a year around, the temperatures are as low as 41 F (C ) in winter and high of 72 F (C ) in summer.
9) Mauritius, Africa: This beautiful Island with enviable tropic climate, located on the southeast coast of Africa, the island has a deep blue lagoon, Black River Gorges National Park, with rainforests, waterfalls, hiking trails and wildlife trails and a lot of beach water activities. Top activities are kayaking, kite surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, skiing, kayaking and swimming with the dolphin and an 18-hole par 72 championship course for golf enthusiasts.
Best time to visit Mauritius is May to December, the temperature in December is as low as 81 F (20 C) Feb 83 F (28 C).
10) Fernando de Noronha, Brazil: The volcanic archipelago of 21 Islands at the northeast coast of Brazil is one of the most beautiful beaches of south America. The island boasts about spectacular tropical landscapes, turquoise blue clear water, white sand beaches and a rich marine life. The top drawing activities are the dolphin tour, enjoying the rich marine wildlife, scuba diving, surfing, snorkeling, trekking the volcanic hills. The Island is also declared as the UNESCO World heritage site.
Best time to visit Fernando de Noronha is August to October, the average temperatures in winter are as low as 68 F (20 C) and as high as 89 F (32 C).
Greece a premier travel destination is rich mythology, unique, charming Mediterranean passion. Greece has some incredible historic and heritage sites, beautiful beaches and mystique hilly landscape. Greece has surprises even for an avid, demanding traveler. One can enjoy great Greek food, swimming in the balmy seas, dining under the stars along the coast. Athens is famous amongst heritage, culture travelers. It is also a famous romantic gateway, with some of the most beautiful islands and beaches in the world.
The interior towns and cities of Greece are famous for famous historical sites, monuments, and museums. There is a lot more fun, activities and things to do at some of the world famous beaches and Islands, laid back relaxed and tourist friendly. The Greek Islands are made up of 168 islands, grouped into 8 islands in the Aegean and Ionian seas. The Cyclades is one of the famous and most inhabited, whereas Santorini is famous for its beautiful towns and villages. Crete famous for its beaches and lagoons, especially the Balos beach and lagoon.
Parthenon- An ancient temple at Acropolis Athens, is an ancient temple of Greek Goddess Athena of wisdom and warfare believed to be the patron, the famous city was named after the Goddess Athena. It is one of the most important and iconic sites depicting the Classical Greek art and heritage and UNESCO World Heritage site.
Acropolis- The Acropolis of Athens or Athenian Acropolis is termed as the symbol of world heritage. This ancient citadel has remains of the crucial importance of art, heritage, and culture. It is one of the iconic landmarks and a must see for art, culture and heritage travelers.
Santorini- Santorini on the Cyclades Islands of the Aegean Sea is famous for dramatic postcard landscapes of villages and towns with beautiful architecture of whitewashed houses and villas.
Balos Beach and Lagoon- Located in the northwest of Crete Island Balos if famous for its breathtaking landscape and crystal clear turquoise water and sugar white sand.
Elafonissi Beach- Located on the Crete Islands, a natural pristine beach and beautiful shoreline with crystal clear water and pinkish sand beach.
Food, accommodation, and transportation- Greece is also a good premier destination for budget travelers. Food and accommodation are not expensive. You can have a good dinner for 20 Euros and a Luxurious Dinner for 30-50 Euros with wine. Tasty Gryos could be anywhere between 3-5 Euros. Flexible accommodation options are available from budget hostels and dorms for 20-40 Euros and 50-70 for private budget rooms. For transportation, the buses and trains in inland cost around 20-30 Euros, ferries from Athens to the islands cost around 50-75 Euros.
Activities: Apart from culture and heritage site tours in the inland there are a lot of activities at the islands and beaches like kayaking, parasailing, banana boats, snorkeling exploring the mysterious shipwrecks in crystal clear waters.